With Trade Trak's newly updated Report Builder feature, you can create report templates that are there to stay. Save time and hassle by having workers and contractors sign off on on fully customised reports within seconds.
Accessing the Report Builder
You can access the Report Builder tool from any page on Trade Trak. First, click on your name or icon in the top right corner of your toolbar. A drop-down menu will appear. From here, select 'Templates', then select ‘Report Builder’.
From here, you can view all the previous report templates you have created. Each business operates differently and you can create a report for anything you may require, however some common reports that are often created are:
- Toolbox meetings
- Job Completion Reports
- Quality Reports
- White Card Reports
By clicking on the '...' next to a report template, you can either edit, duplicate or delete that template. To create a new template, simply click 'Create' in the top right corner.
Create a Report
For your report, there are three mandatory fields that need to be filled out before creation.
- Report name
- Available to (selected from a drop-down menu, choice of Company, Subcontractors or Both)
- Logo (choose from your company's logo or any linked subcontractors logos)
Once you have filled in these details, you can customise the report template's settings by clicking on the 'Report Settings' text. This allows you to choose when and to who this report will be available. The options are:
- Available to Clients (select which clients from the dropdown menu)
- Available to Jobs (select one or more statuses for jobs eg. Draft, Awaiting approval etc.)
- Available to User Groups (select one or more user groups from the dropdown menu)
- Job Custom Field (select which custom field a job must have for this report to be available)
- Client Custom Field (select which custom field a client must have for this report to be available)
Once these details have been entered, there are many elements that can be added to your report template.
When creating the report, you will have the option to make each element mandatory for users when it is being completed.
The text function allows you to enter any free text you would like, including headings or blurbs. Your text can be made bold or italic, you can adjust sizes and positions, and even add dividers from this function. You can also add placeholders as reminders when creating a report.
2) Text Answer
This section allows you provide a text box for the user to fill in to respond to any questions or statements on the report. This box allows the same functionality as the previous text options for the user. There is no character limit for answers.
By ticking the boxes on the left, you can:
- make an answer here mandatory
- hide this question on the completed report if not answered
- require the answer of a previous question to make this question visible*
3) Multiple Choice
You can create any multiple choice style question for users to choose from a list of options you have chosen. Simply put your question in the top box and then add whatever options you would like to be available to the user underneath.
You can customise this yourself or start of with a pre-set. The pre-set options are:
- Company Users
Note: You can start with a pre-set option and then add your own options by selecting the *'Add Option'** button.*
From the tick boxes underneath, you can customise this entry on the report further. You can:
- allow users to select more than one option as an answer
- show the options in a dropdown box instead of the default format
- make the question mandatory
- hide the question on the report if unanswered
- require the answer of a previous question to make it visible*
- make it if a certain option is chosen, then it notifies a chosen person
4) File Upload
This section allows users to add any files or photos that may be needed to support the report. With the file type box, you have the option to let the user either only upload images, only upload PDF's or upload both.
With the tick boxes, you can further customise this entry. You can:
- make the file upload mandatory
- hide the file upload section from the report if none are uploaded
- require the answer of a previous question to make the file upload section visible on the report*
Signatures can help to provide legal protection for the company, the client and the employees. Users can record signatures digitally on the report in Trade Trak.
This function has a couple of different options. Firstly, you can select which users you would like to sign off on the report. The options are:
- Company Users
- Logged in User
- Members of User Groups (eg. admins only, users only etc.)
From the tick boxes underneath, you have a few more options. You can:
- Allow for multiple signatures from multiple users
- Save the signature on the draft report so a user who regularly creates the same report doesn't have to sign it every time
- make the signature mandatory
- hide the signature from the report if not signed
- require the answer of a previous question to make the signature section visible on the report*
With this section, you can allow the user to add in a date and/or time on the report. This entry will default to the time and date the report is being completed but can be easily changed by the user.
From the tick boxes underneath, you can:
- make the time/date entry mandatory
- hide the time/date section from a report if unanswered
- require the answer of a previous question to make the time/date entry visible on the report*
With the table function, you can insert a table into your report for users to fill out. Firstly, you can add as many columns as you would like by clicking 'Add Column' on the left. You have multiple options for how the user can fill out the entry under a column. These are:
To add more rows, simply click the 'Add Row' button on the right hand side.
From the tick boxes underneath, you can:
- make filling out the table mandatory
- hide the table from the completed report if not filled out
- require the answer of a previous question to make the table visible on the report
This section allows the user to add a location to the report. From the tick boxes, you can:
- allow the user to add an address or location to the report
- make the location addition mandatory
- hide the location section from the completed report if not answered
- require the answer of a previous question to make the location entry visible on the report
Once you have added all of the necessary elements to your report and are satisfied, click ‘Save’. Your report template will now be shown in the Report Builder section, where you can duplicate, edit, or delete, and it will also be available for completion on any job.
*these are extra features that come with the paid subscription version of the report builder feature.